YC leisure was started in 1930 by Percy Smith who owned and ran a petrol filling station in Sheffield. Percy was asked by a gentleman if he could store his caravan there for a week or two. The caravan created so much interest that Percy, who was one never to miss an opportunity, contacted the Manufacturer who agreed to supply him with caravans on a sale or return basis.
Percy sold his first three units and then purchased 2 acres of land at the present Doncaster Road site. In the years that followed the company went from strength to strength selling over 300 caravans a year trading as Yorkshire Caravan and Trailer Company.